This smoothie packs in a green vegetable, protein, fruit, and yogurt for a filling and delicious breakfast.
Use organic ingredients. If you don’t have one type of fruit, simply substitute with another fruit. All ingredients are optional, experiment until you find a mix that you like! I’ve noticed that the banana adds sweetness, the vanilla and honey mask the spinach, and the peanut butter makes it taste like a shake. I sometimes use almond butter and that tastes great too.
1 cup frozen spinach
4-5 frozen strawberries
½ cup frozen raspberries
¾ cup frozen blueberries
2 T peanut butter
2 heaping spoonfuls of whole milk plain yogurt
1 t ground flax seed (optional)
1 capful vanilla extract
2 T honey
1-3 cups almond milk
1. Put the frozen spinach into the blender. Add some almond milk. Blend until completely pulverized, adding more and more almond milk as needed.
2. Once the spinach base is completely smooth, add the strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, banana, peanut butter, yogurt, flax seed, vanilla, and honey.
3. Pump the blender on and off to break up the big pieces. If the mixture is too lumpy to blend, add more almond milk.
4. Once the big pieces are mostly ground up, turn on the blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk as needed to make a nice consistency.
5. Pour into a glass and enjoy! Adding a straw officially makes it taste better and might make kids more open to trying something new!